Sports Massage | Injury Rehabilitation | Myofascial Release | Neuromuscular Massage | Myoskeletal Alignment Technique | Trigger Point Therapy | Thai Massage | Pregnancy Massage | Infant Massage Instruction | Aromatherapy Massage | AromaTouch® Massage by dōTerra®
Your Massage at NBW will always be tailored to your body’s specific needs. Our Massage Therapists are expert at blending a variety of massage types into your treatment. Most of our massages incorporate Swedish, relaxation, moderate and deep tissue massage. Make sure to let your therapist know where you feel tension or pain and your massage preferences.
Your massage at NBW may include some or all of the following:
- Swedish based massage techniques for relaxation and reduction of superficial muscle tension
- Moderate to deep tissue, muscle-specific massage techniques such as trigger point therapy, neuromuscular massage and cross-fiber friction to break up deeper muscle adhesions
- Adjunct techniques such as myofascial release, range of motion, fulcrum, stretching and rocking to decrease restriction and increase ease of movement.
- Self-care techniques will prolong the effects of your Massage Therapy treatment and help your body to release patterns of pain and injury. Self-care techniques may be explained and demonstrated for you by your therapist.
Effects of Massage:
- Calms nerves
- Relaxes muscles
- Relieves chronic muscle tension
- Soothes many types of pain
- Relieves chronic inflammation by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Improves blood flow to all organs
- Increases blood flow through muscles
- Stimulates the release of “mood enhancing” brain chemicals
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Alleviates constriction of nerves from excess muscle tension
- Stimulates immune system
- Speeds recovery of soft tissue injuries
- Improves posture
- Helps the body to learn automatic relaxation
- Restores balance
- Slows heart rate
- Deepens breathing
- Stimulates digestion
- Relieves many medical conditions and symptoms
- Feels great
- Many, many more!