David Bannerman’ education, certifications and licenses.
Certified Personal Trainer: 2008- Present
– Pilates Instructor, 2008- Back and Body Pilates
– Corrective Exercise, 2009- Neurac, Redcord
– Founder, Master Trainer, 2010- BioCored CorrectiveX
– Founder, Master Trainer, 2016- Body Balance Trainer
– Certified Personal Trainer, 2019- National Academy of Sports Medicine
Certified Bodyworker: 2001- Present
– Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Sports Massage, Myofascial Release,
2001- Maui Academy of the Healing Arts
– Massage Therapy Licensure, 2001-2008, Hawaii Board of Massage
– Thai Bodywork, 2002, Michael Gach, Maui, Hawaii
– Chair Bodywork, 2005, David Palmer, Makawoa School of Massage
– Neuromuscular Therapy, 2006, Makawoa School of Massage
– Massage Therapy Licensure, 2008-2016, Massachusetts
David offers an integrated, interactive program developed over his 18 year career as a massage therapy, bodywork and corrective exercise professional. While living in Hawaii, David’s healing story began as a surfing injury in 1992. A fractured vertebrae caused him to seek the muscular relief that only massage therapy could provide for the extensive core muscle injuries that affected every aspect of his life.
After 8 years of being a massage patient, a Massage Therapist friend suggested taking a course in Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Bodywork. David had so much experience in his own healing process that becoming a student was a natural progression to becoming a healer. This exciting and life-changing transformation has led David to a strong passion for helping guide others in their own healing processes.
After 7 years as a LMT in Hawaii, David pursued other healing modalities such as Pilates and Corrective Exercise to compliment his Bodywork modalities.
In 2009, David invented a body-weight resistance system to help clients recruit strength and balance that they has lost due to injuries, dysfunction or overuse. This system, Body Balance Trainer, is now in use by professionals in PT/OT, Athletic Training, Olympic Training, Pilates, Personal Training, and even Cirque du Soleil. These trainers all get great results with Body Balance Trainer and their clients enjoy much needed relief from pain, imbalance and dysfunction in their joints and muscles.
Presently in his work, David uses bodywork techniques to assess and address muscle imbalance, and ready the client for Body Balance, which is then used to tone and strengthen muscles around the affected joint. Core recruitment is always utilized as the basis for all corrective exercise, and gives safe, lasting relief to pain and dysfunction. David invites you to try a fun, interactive approach that has a proven track record to Improve the Way You Move!